Thanksgiving break will be here before we know it! We usually close at noon on Nov. 22nd. (However, we won't find this out until a day or so before. So, until we get final word that we can close, we plan on being open until 5pm). This is why some of you may have a note attached to that day saying "your shift may get deleted if we close at noon". We will then be closed Nov. 23rd-Nov.26th.
Once we get back from Thanksgiving break, time starts to FLY! This is why we need to start preparing now for finals week.
Please get your final schedule to Kim or I as soon as possible. I would like to have them by mid-end of next week, so that I can start working on the schedule and have it finished before we leave for Thanksgiving break. Please include, when you will be leaving to go home or if you will be staying to work during the break. (We will be open: Dec. 13, 14,15--<Closed Dec. 16 & 17.>...Open: Dec. 18-22..<Closed: Dec. 23rd-Jan 2> Open: Jan 3 and on)
Here is some useful information:
Last day of Fall Classes- Dec. 6th
Finals begin—Dec. 7th/ Finals End—Dec. 13th
Spring Classes begin-- Jan. 16
Spring Classes begin-- Jan. 16
http://catalog.tarleton.edu/undergrad/universitycalendarsandfinalexaminationschedules/
For the new ones, the way finals week works is that we schedule you around your finals schedule, so your schedule will be different this week than what it normally is.
Since we are open 24hrs for overnight study, we also have additional shifts that are on a first come first serve basis. I will message you all the day before letting you know when I will post it. If you are interested in getting the extra hours you can select the shifts on the trade board. I will approve the person that selects it first and will only approve 1 shift per person for the first day. The next day, I will assume that everyone that already wanted a shift got one and if someone would like to sign up for an additional shift they can.
The times for the extra shifts are: 12am-4am and 4am-7am. There will be 10 available shifts.
(Please Note:*If you normally close, you will not be assigned your normal closing shift. If you want to make sure you get the nights you normally work, select one of the overnight shifts on the trade board when I post that schedule*)
Since they are past midnight, the perks of these extra shifts is the extra pay. Due to this, these shifts go fast, they are usually filled 30 minutes to an hour after I post the schedule. So, if you really want one, make sure you pay attention to your whentowork to get my message on when I will post it.
Here are the extra shifts so you can start thinking about which one you will want to try to pick up....
Dec 8 ( Starts:Thursday Night into Friday Morning) **Pay close attention to which day your shift begins, we have had people be confused on which day they have signed up**
12am-4am
4am-7am
Dec. 9 (Fri. Night/Sat. Morning)
12am-4am
4am-7am
Dec. 11 (Sun. Night/Mon. Morning)
12am-4am
4am-7am
Dec. 12 (Mon. Night/Tues. Morning)
12am-4am
4am-7am
**Dec. 13 (Tues.Night/Wed. Morning)
12am-4am
4am-7am
**Wednesday, Dec. 13th (Finals end at Noon) we will be open 7am-7pm. Then, on Thu. Dec. 14th we will begin our interim hours which are 8am-5pm.**
I hope this wasn't too much of an information overload, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us!
No comments:
Post a Comment