I just want to remind everyone to direct patrons to the laptop vending machine when they come to circulation for a laptop. Our circ laptops will go away at the end of the semester, so we want them to start forming the right habit now. Our circ laptops are to serve as a back up if the machine is out of laptops or there aren't any charged enough to dispense.
The vending machine is set to not release laptops that have a charge weaker than 70%, since these machines do not check out with power cords. If they find their laptop is starting to run low, the patron needs to save their work and return the laptop to the machine and check out a different one. Once our circ laptops are taken in the spring, if there are not vending laptops left with a strong enough charge in the machine, the patrons will simply have to wait until they charge up more.
Do not check out a power cord from an existing circ laptop to someone using a vending laptop. Our circ laptops are old and are dependent upon the circ power cords to function. Due to this, the circ laptops and circ power cords do not check out separately from one another. Chris has given me an extra power cord to use in emergencies for the vending laptops, but I only have one so I don't want to encourage people to use it. I will be putting it in the drawer with the collaboration table's dongles once I get a bag prepared for it. For the time being, the power cord is being kept in my office so come ask me for it. I'm hoping we can keep the old circ power cords after their corresponding laptops are taken away, but it is still up in the air where the laptops are going in spring. If the library decides to keep them for other purposes, I won't be able to take their chargers.
If you have any questions, please ask!
Kym
No comments:
Post a Comment