Just a few new updates,
First, we are now allowing students to check out the group study rooms (not the PPR) if they need a place to take their proctored exams. This is the only exception that we will make to let one person be in a group study room.
We will have a new room reservation system coming soon, we will be launching it most likely the week before school starts. We are learning how to use it right now, and afterwards we will train you all on how to use it. This new system will also allow patrons to book rooms for themselves through the library homepage. However, we can still book them for patrons over the phone and at the desk.
I will hopefully have everyone's updated schedule by next week. I have already started to plan out a few schedules with what I have. If you have changed your schedule from when you gave it to me last, please send me a new one and if you have any concerns, please talk to me about them as soon as possible.
I usually only publish the first 2 weeks after school starts, during this time period it is very important that you check your schedule daily to make sure your schedule has not changed, since I may have to adjust the schedule periodically incase someone drops or adds classes. During this time, it is a great time for you go ahead and ask off for any dates that you already know that you need off for the fall semester. If you need time off after the schedule is already published, you will then need to put it on the trade board for someone to pick up. When you do this, also let Kim or myself know so we are aware that it is on the trade board. After it seems that the schedule is set and there aren't any conflicts, I will try to publish the entire schedule up until finals week.
Thank you to everyone that has worked during the summer, we really appreciate it! It doesn't seem possible that the fall semester will start in little less than a month! If you are taking classes right now, good luck on your finals next week!
Ginger
No comments:
Post a Comment