First of all, thank you to all that worked this summer. At the beginning, I thought we would barely have enough people to run the desk. However, that was not the case and we got a LOT accomplished this summer which is fantastic. Remember, schedule wise, we are 8-5 this week, 7:30 AM to 8PM next week, and we transition to regular hours (7:30AM-2AM) on Sunday, August 25th.
I am in the process of finishing the Fall schedule, hopefully sometime this week. I tried to stay close to what some of you put in your preferences in When 2 Work, but with 10+ schedules, it was not always possible. Bear with me as I finish it and we move into the Fall semester. REMEMBER, if you have a scheduling change that conflicts with work, let me know ASAP!
Transitions Week is next week so expect to see us much busier than we have been. With that said, be sure that you are taking the walkie and keys up with you when you work upstairs. Also, next Wednesday, the 21st, is tour day. Because of this, we will be allowing 2 people to stay at the desk most of the day to aid with how busy we will be. For those who haven't worked T-Week, I hear they are absolutely crazy. Each group will have an RL or a TTM with a sign with their number attached to it... so if a student gets separated, tell them to find their group number. Also, be prepared with Campus Maps printed out. I've updated the file in the Circ Wiki with the latest map so everything should be good.
Be sure to brush up on some of the things we get asked a lot at the desk at the beginning of the year such as mobile printing (https://www.tarleton.edu/library/services/printing.html); where things are (with the Engineering building complete, some buildings have switched around so check the map!); and the difference between printing credit, Texan bucks, and dining dollars. Also, don't forget about how we now check out 225, 231, 159,160, and the PPR!
Good luck with the start of the semester!
No comments:
Post a Comment