Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Survey Response 2


When I am in the stacks with my headphones on I pay attention to the people around me. If I see a patron actually looking for a book I ask if I can help them. I know others may not do this but I do. So taking the headphones away because of customer service doesn't seem reasonable enough. Also there is usually someone at the reference/help desk to assist patrons if they won't approach us.
 

At this time, the policy is all or nothing.  While we appreciate the efforts of student workers who are proactive in approaching patrons, that has not been the case across the board.   The ref desk upstairs is staffed very sparingly, so they are not a resource available consistently enough to warrant allowing headphones in the stacks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Circulation!

Check this page daily to find out news and events happening in the department.

Everyone is encouraged to use this forum to communicate.