Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Reservations, Timeclock, Loud Patrons, & etc.

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to remind you all of a few things that I have noticed lately.

  • We had a guy come in for a reservation tonight and someone had accidentally put his reservation for tonight on a different day. The practice room was open so I was able to give that room since it was our mistake. But, we can't always be that lucky, so please be careful when making reservations and make sure you are doing them for the right day. When I make one and after I push submit, I always click back on the date I made it for to make sure that it went through.

  • Also, please do not clock in early unless you have approval from a supervisor. This is important because we have a strict weekly minimum and if you go over that, both us and you will be in trouble.

  • We had a situation this afternoon where people were being loud and disruptive. If you get a complaint, let a supervisor know as soon as possible so that we can get it taken care of. If a supervisor is not available, then let the reference desk/GA know.

  • If you get a complaint that peoples items are in a study room, but that the people are not in the room with their items, let a supervisor know and we will remove the items and place them at the circulation desk. Patrons are not allowed to use their items to hold the room, it is unfair for people that actually need the room at that moment to study.
Thank you! I appreciate all of your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Circulation!

Check this page daily to find out news and events happening in the department.

Everyone is encouraged to use this forum to communicate.