Hey
Everyone,
I wanted to go over the overnight study hours routine as a reminder and to inform those that will be doing this for the first time. Now that I have everyone's final exam schedule, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on when I am posting it this year if you are one of the people that want to sign up for the extended hour shifts. I will post the schedule at 6pm on Thursday, April 20. After you click on the shift that you want to work, I will then approve it. I will approve the first person that sends the request. Last year, all the shifts were taken within a hour so make sure if you have a certain day in mind you are ready to pick it up.
I wanted to go over the overnight study hours routine as a reminder and to inform those that will be doing this for the first time. Now that I have everyone's final exam schedule, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on when I am posting it this year if you are one of the people that want to sign up for the extended hour shifts. I will post the schedule at 6pm on Thursday, April 20. After you click on the shift that you want to work, I will then approve it. I will approve the first person that sends the request. Last year, all the shifts were taken within a hour so make sure if you have a certain day in mind you are ready to pick it up.
24 hrs study begins hours begin The night of Thusday, May 4th going into Friday (Friday will also be 24 hr study) On Saturday we will be open until 10pm. On
Sunday, the 24 hrs study hours continue until Tuesday. There will be 2 shifts to choose from, 12am-4am and 4am-7am, and there will be 8 shifts available. We will give everyone at least a week to sign up then afterwards if we still have empty shifts and you are not yet at 25hrs then you will be allowed to sign up for a second overnight shift. Don't forget the pay is doubled after midnight so that is one perk!
The way it works is, at 11pm we will play the
overnight CD over the intercom, it will explain to the students that our
overnight study hours will begin at midnight and anyone that is
staying in the library after midnight will need to come to the front to
sign in. At midnight, a police officer and myself will be at a table in
the lobby helping sign people in and give them stickers. If people
decide to leave the library and not come back, they will need to sign out. If
they are only leaving for a few hours and coming back later, they will not have
to sign out and just show us their sticker when they return. Usually we are
open to the public along with students, however after midnight on
these days (May 5, 6, 8, 9) only students will be allowed. Students
will need their Texan Card to sign in, if they do not they will need
to have their drivers license. They have to have some form of photo ID to
verify they are a student, if they do not, they will not be able to stay.
For those of you working the desk for the 12am-4am shift, we may send students to you with their drivers license to verify that they are a student, once you look them up in the system, give us the okay and we will give them a sticker. From 12am-2am we will continue with our normal services at the desk, and you will also be responsible for refilling the keurig machine. Please make sure that the computers are logged off after 2am so that workflow will work correctly the next day. You are allowed to bring your own laptop or check out a laptop to study on after 2am. Just please stay at the front desk while you study so you can help the police officer. They do occasional checks to make sure that the students in here are signed in. During this time, help them by making sure that students sign in/out.
If you have the 4am-7am shift, you are also allowed to study. We will not offer any services at the desk during this time. Your main responsibility will be to help with sign in/out if the police officer needs to step away from the desk, and to refill the keurig machine.
If any of you have any questions please let us know! I wish you all the best of luck on your finals! :)
For those of you working the desk for the 12am-4am shift, we may send students to you with their drivers license to verify that they are a student, once you look them up in the system, give us the okay and we will give them a sticker. From 12am-2am we will continue with our normal services at the desk, and you will also be responsible for refilling the keurig machine. Please make sure that the computers are logged off after 2am so that workflow will work correctly the next day. You are allowed to bring your own laptop or check out a laptop to study on after 2am. Just please stay at the front desk while you study so you can help the police officer. They do occasional checks to make sure that the students in here are signed in. During this time, help them by making sure that students sign in/out.
If you have the 4am-7am shift, you are also allowed to study. We will not offer any services at the desk during this time. Your main responsibility will be to help with sign in/out if the police officer needs to step away from the desk, and to refill the keurig machine.
If any of you have any questions please let us know! I wish you all the best of luck on your finals! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment