I just wanted to issue an overall reminder to never leave the circulation desk without notifying someone. I've had instances lately where students have left the desk to unlock a study room without notifying me. I try to stay vigilant but I sometimes get very focused and don't notice the student leaving. Please remember to alert me, or Kim if I'm unavailable, so we can keep customer service going smoothly.
This also pertains to relieving student workers. When it's your turn to go upstairs, do not leave until you have the ok from the person taking over the desk. There have been times where I have snagged someone coming down from the stacks to run an errand for me and without telling me, the second student had already run off to the second floor leaving me alone at the desk. I'm counting on the person to stay at the desk until the student relieves them, so just because you see them come downstairs, do not assume they are ready to stay at the desk until you get confirmation. Ideally we'll switch out precisely on the hour but that is not always the case. Communication is really important in these types of instances.
Thanks everyone!
Kym
No comments:
Post a Comment