At
this time, the headphone privileges are not up for debate. We’ve recently
undergone a change in supervisors and with that comes changes to policy and
procedure. When we met to discuss the headphone issue, all the
supervisors felt that the rules about not having music too loud in the stacks
and not allowing them anywhere but in the stacks had been clearly
indicated. The ground rules had been laid but they were not adhered
to. We’ve given plenty of warnings this semester to remind students of
these rules to no effect. The headphone privileges have been taken away
in the past and then later reinstated, but it will be at the supervisor’s discretion.
Friday, April 5, 2013
Survey Response 5
I know you replied that our
time in the stacks was short, but i spend most of my shift in the stacks. I
feel most of my time is spent in the stack. I just wanted to say that
even though it is only an hour at a time now that Clay and Kim are watching the
desk sometimes I spend several hours in the stacks at a time. I understand the
importance of customer service, but think if we could just lay down some ground
rules like be know about users in your area and such then head phones would not
be as big of a deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Circulation!
Check this page daily to find out news and events happening in the department.
Everyone is encouraged to use this forum to communicate.
Everyone is encouraged to use this forum to communicate.
No comments:
Post a Comment