
Photo Credit: "Book", © 2009 Sam, Flickr | CC-BY-SA | via Wylio
I attended an interesting webinar today that had some excellent resources that I wanted to share with you all. As most of you probably know, it is not ok to just Google a picture and use that said picture however you please. Unless, that photo states that its public domain and does not require attribution, such as the photo bellow. Otherwise, you will need to appropriately attribute the creator as done with the picture above.
This picture is CC0 Public Domain
Free for commercial use
No attribution required
No attribution required
A useful site is https://search.creativecommons.org/ Some tips that you need to remember about creative commons is "creative commons does not replace copyright, it instead lets the creator change the copyright terms in order to place guidelines on how they want people to use their work".
For example, the first picture above is listed as "CC-BY-SA" which means
Attribution-ShareAlike
CC BY-SA
"This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms".
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/ This site gives an overview of different types of licenses.
Another useful tip is if you choose search for images through Google, go to settings--Advanced Setting-- and then change usage rights to "free to use or share"--click on advanced setting to take you back to Google. This is how I found the second picture, and after clicking on "visit page" I found out that attribution was not required.
And lastly, https://wylio.com is a great site that will create attributions for you. Below are other sites that can also be used to find Creative Common images.
Compfight: http://compfight.com
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/creativecomons/
PhotoPin: http://photopin.com
Unsplash: https://unsplash.com/
I hope this information is helpful to you while making presentations or using photos for other school or non-school related activities! :)
CC BY-SA
"This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms".
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/ This site gives an overview of different types of licenses.
Another useful tip is if you choose search for images through Google, go to settings--Advanced Setting-- and then change usage rights to "free to use or share"--click on advanced setting to take you back to Google. This is how I found the second picture, and after clicking on "visit page" I found out that attribution was not required.
And lastly, https://wylio.com is a great site that will create attributions for you. Below are other sites that can also be used to find Creative Common images.
Compfight: http://compfight.com
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/creativecomons/
PhotoPin: http://photopin.com
Unsplash: https://unsplash.com/
I hope this information is helpful to you while making presentations or using photos for other school or non-school related activities! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment