We wanted to let you know that mine and Kim's schedule is going to be changing slightly. In order for us to have more time to communicate, our work schedule will be changing by 15 minutes. Kim will now be coming in at 8:15am and leaving at 5:15pm, and I will be coming in at 4:45pm and taking an extra 15minutes during my hour break period.
Also, there is a student that has got approval by Kym to use the practice presentation room for "presenting electronically." She presents live along with other distant learns through blackboard and although she is not using the main equipment in the room, she needs the room for a sound proof barrier so she does not get any interruptions in her live upload. Below is Kym's reply to her request for using the room.
Thank you for contacting me and explaining your situation. This
is the first instance of long distance presenting we’ve encountered in the
room. I can see why there was concern from other staff members about the
use of the room since you were alone and not using the library equipment.
I do think your use qualifies as presenting though. When you go to
reserve the room, please specify that you are presenting electronically.
Staff put the reasoning into the reservation system and we can refer back to
it. I think that will help clarify to library employees if they have
questions.
I am copying other library staff in my department so they will
be aware.
Her case is a special exception, please make sure you are asking and typing in the name of the presentation that they are needing the room for. If you have any questions, let us know. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment